PDA

View Full Version : Florida Mudbuddy Roundup

Pages : [1] 2

whistlingwings
10-02-2007, 02:08 PM
Alright Guys its in the works!!!:Banane30:

The first annual Florida Mud Buddy Roundup will be held March 15 2008.
The date is set in stone, the location will be in North Central Florida and announced within the next two weeks. So mark your calenders.

I'm also looking for more volunteers to help in planning and preperation in the days leading up to the event.

willydiver
10-02-2007, 02:45 PM
March 15, 2007?? Man, I missed that one!

whistlingwings
10-02-2007, 03:31 PM
My bad:doh1:
It's Fixed

Robert
10-02-2007, 05:22 PM
I'm in as for now unless something bad happens I will be there with bells on and a slow aZZ longtail to play with. I am not farmilar with Fl since I jsut moved down here but I will help any way possible. I am in lake City and can be reached by cell or email at 386-288-8821 or rmitchell7589@yahoo.com. Thanks to all who got this togethor and look forward to meeting alot of you

Robert Mitchell

whistlingwings
10-02-2007, 05:39 PM
Nothing wrong with having a longtail. It's kind of like my Harley (78 XLH) Old School:017:

frikkidikki
10-03-2007, 03:43 AM
Got it penciled in on the calender! Are ya' gonna drag Sid outta where ever he's been hiding and make him show up? Nuthin wrong with riding an old scooter, either. Mines just as much fun now as it was in "89!:bananalama:

whistlingwings
10-03-2007, 03:45 AM
Yeah, Sid's gonna be there, Kinda like Elvis we'll have a sighting.

ALMODUX
10-03-2007, 08:29 PM
Gimme a call and we'll hash over my events. I'll try to make it down, too.....just let us know where. :rok:

Robert
10-04-2007, 03:21 PM
ok I gots a stupid question, will this be in salt or fresh water?

whistlingwings
10-04-2007, 05:28 PM
Well well, looks like this is going to serve double duty.
Not only the First Annual Florida Roundup but the Wife's and I Anniversary.
Of course she had to remind me of that.
Believe it or not she's all for the Roundup as a Anniversary outing. She had a blast at the UW Mudfest and is looking forward to this one.

Were still hashing out the location and will post up as soon as it is set.
Were trying to resolve some Manatee issues. But I hear they taste just like chicken.

Gimme a call and we'll hash over my events. I'll try to make it down, too.....just let us know where. :rok:
I'll try to tommorow, thanks.

ok I gots a stupid question, will this be in salt or fresh water?
Freshwater

weathers1200
10-05-2007, 02:38 PM
If I remember correctly from the last event, she was damn sure the best looking half of your crew, you better bring her!

Fast Duck Motors
10-05-2007, 06:21 PM
I will be there. I would not miss this for the world. I am glad to hear were going to have a good mix of people there. I do want to get some ideas as to what you guys would like to see. We are trying to come up with some good ideas that will make it fun and informative. Yes Elvis is in the forum!!!!!!!

weathers1200
10-05-2007, 07:43 PM
Sid, is that you?

frikkidikki
10-05-2007, 07:48 PM
Sounds like we might have to whip up some "Nanner Sammiches"

Robert
10-05-2007, 07:55 PM
you boys really got me excited, I need to be studying but as you can tell I am lurking on the web. Anyways I cant wait to see some of these shorty's run, if I like what I see I may try to trade in or sell my outboard and my longtail this summer and see what I can slap on the back of rig. Cant wait guys and if yall need anything please dont hesitate asking I will be more than happy to help out where and when I can

weathers1200
10-05-2007, 08:25 PM
you boys really got me excited, I need to be studying but as you can tell I am lurking on the web. Anyways I cant wait to see some of these shorty's run, if I like what I see I may try to trade in or sell my outboard and my longtail this summer and see what I can slap on the back of rig. Cant wait guys and if yall need anything please dont hesitate asking I will be more than happy to help out where and when I can

Robert,

I think we will be glad you moved down here. Look forward to meeting you.

willydiver
10-06-2007, 07:58 AM
Got it on my calendar and looking forward to it. As long as you FL Gators don't mind a Dawg coming down to hang out! I'll bring my wife. She's a Gator fan.......

Robert
10-06-2007, 08:20 AM
it will be 2 dogs then a Ga dog and a MSU dog

cupping83
10-06-2007, 11:12 PM
And the TIDE might even roll in the Hide

Fast Duck Motors
10-07-2007, 09:50 AM
It is I the Elvis of the forum. I am looking forward to meeting everyone and having a good time and you might have to bring nanner samiches with the ride we are looking at planning. It should be a lot of fun!!!! I do have to give props to Whimpy if it wasn't for his persistance to get this done we would still be talking about it. Thanks Whimpy!!

I hope you Bama boys are ok after spending all that money on a coach!!!! I do have to say they the tide was looking better at the beginning of the season though. ROLL TIDE!!!! Look forward to meeting you.

foldem
10-07-2007, 09:55 AM
It is I the Elvis of the forum. I am looking fvorward to meeting everyone and having a good time and you might have to bring nanner samiches with the ride we are looking at planning. It shouldbe a lot of fun!!!! I do have to give props to Whimpy if it wasn't for his persistance to get this done we would still be talking about it. Thanks Whimpy!!

I hope you Bama boys are ok after spending all that money on a coach!!!! I do have to say they the tide was looking better at the beginning of the season though. ROLL TIDE!!!! Look forward to meeting you.

Easy, Easy, give us a year or two. we will be back:banana:

whistlingwings
10-07-2007, 10:14 AM
Peanut Butter and 'Nanner, Yumm Yumm.

Watch the Wimpy crap, sorrier than me. I'll kick you in your good knee.:311boxing-thumb:

Robert
10-07-2007, 11:00 AM
think I will just stick to PB and J:laughing1:

cupping83
10-07-2007, 06:03 PM
I'm glad we got him,Also glad I dont have to pay him and I am coming to the roundup and bringing the bama gang

Fast Duck Motors
10-07-2007, 06:22 PM
Where are you guys located in Bama? I used to live there for about 10 years. I lived in L.A. About 20 miles west of Troy. I still have family up there and I still do a little hunting up that way.

I figure the Bama attack will be back Saban left my favorite school so I guess he isn't too bad. They still look better that last year that is for sure. :laughing1:

cupping83
10-07-2007, 06:48 PM
Im in tuscaloosa

foldem
10-07-2007, 08:00 PM
tuscaloosa too

Robert
10-07-2007, 09:16 PM
I got to uncles that live in T town, you boys know Patrick or Phillip Hindman?

frikkidikki
10-07-2007, 09:30 PM
Sounds like we might have to re-name it the Florida/Alabama/Missisippi LoveFest:laughing1:

Robert
10-07-2007, 09:42 PM
hey call it what you wish, I'm just looking for a good time and to meet a few new friends. And it would be nice to kick back and drink a cold one at some point in time. Anyone know any good hotels in the area?

frikkidikki
10-07-2007, 10:18 PM
Might be slim pickins' on the hotels, Bike Week & SpringBreak will probably going on around that time of year.

Robert
10-07-2007, 10:27 PM
well it looks like bike week is February 29th to MARCH 9th, so we missed it but we might get soem of the spring break crowd. Can anyone recommend a hotel thats faily close by to the grounds and do we need to start getting reservations now?

whistlingwings
10-08-2007, 04:32 AM
http://hotel-guides.us/florida/deland-fl-hotels.html

The spring break crowds usually stays closer to the coast. Though it would be nice to get some of the college hotties to ride us I mean in our rigs.

Trust Me, I wouldnt plan an event to purposely make myself miss bike week.

weathers1200
10-08-2007, 05:43 AM

The spring break crowds usually stays closer to the coast. Though it would be nice to get some of the college hotties to ride us I mean in our rigs.

Trust Me, I wouldnt plan an event to purposely make myself miss bike week.

Good man! I would be torn on that one.

Fast Duck Motors
10-08-2007, 08:10 AM
I was going to say there are a couple of nice places to stay in Deland. I am also trying to line up a place to park the boats so they won't have to sit in parking lots of hotels that is about 10 to 15 minutes away from where we are thinking of starting from. I will keep you posted. I worked for a company that was based in Tuscaloosa I have been there many times. You got to love the Bear Bryant Museum baby!!! Great stuff in there too. I liked getting the bashing auburn shirts in there...:311boxing-thumb:

cupping83
10-08-2007, 08:08 PM
i know a dustin hindman from fayette, man there is a ton of hotels but call me and i'll tell you a few,come on over andwill go run around

Robert
10-08-2007, 08:28 PM
yeah I know the Dustin you are talking about, but he isnt kind to me. Well I guess he use to be but not by blood. His mom married my uncle a few years ago. In fact Dustin worked for my uncle Patrick on the side at his landscape company at one point n time I think.

I would love to come up and ride but its a long way from Lake City to T town. I am trying to get a internship in the killens or birmingham area for the summer so if I get up that way and have a place to keep my rig we will deffinately have to meet up one day and ride. Let me know where you guys are staying for the round-up, I am gonna try and get a room in advance

cupping83
10-08-2007, 08:57 PM
OK man

JF Supermotors
10-09-2007, 08:12 AM
Winston, any chance we could hold this a little further south towards central Florida? I've got a lot of guys in the south and central part of the state that I'm sure would be interested in attending. Also, judging by our UWF Mudfest last year at Holiday Park in the 'glades we've got lots of UWF Mud Buddy owners.

weathers1200
10-09-2007, 08:48 AM
Whistlingwings,

I see you posted a link for DeLand, but where are we going to ride? I only live a few miles from DeLand so hotel is not an issue. I was on the riverthis weekend and the water level is way up from when we had the UW Mudfest, I think that will be the same about anywhere.

whistlingwings
10-09-2007, 02:50 PM
We're tentatively going to run the St Johns north from Ed Stone Park on HWY 44. Up through Highland Creek, to Woodruff, Spring Garden back around to Dexter, and through some other creeks that I cant remember the names of right now.

Plan B would be launch and gather in Welaka, run the Ocklawaha River to Rodman Dam and back. If the Locks are operational we could possibly run the Cross Florida Barge Canal and go into Rodman Resevoir

Robert
10-09-2007, 04:41 PM
sounds like its gonna be long ride with the longtail:tomato: but it should be fun none the less

whistlingwings
10-09-2007, 04:53 PM
Somehow I dont think you'll be the only one with an LT

porterdcw
10-09-2007, 05:26 PM
We're tentatively going to run the St Johns north from Ed Stone Park on HWY 44. Up through Highland Creek, to Woodruff, Spring Garden back around to Dexter, and through some other creeks that I cant remember the names of right now.

I vote for Plan A - St. Johns to Woodruff, etc......

By the way, how can we get the MB / GT guys to come down for the festivities?

whistlingwings
10-09-2007, 05:43 PM
I have confirmation from MB on attendance. :banana:

Robert
10-09-2007, 05:45 PM
I didnt think I would be, but even if I was I would still have just as good a time as you guys who are fortunate enough to be out of school and ridding in the big boys:Banane34:

weathers1200
10-09-2007, 07:07 PM
Plan A sounds great!

frikkidikki
10-09-2007, 07:30 PM
sounds like its gonna be long ride with the longtail:tomato: but it should be fun none the less
If my whole tribe comes along (and they will) I'll probably be the Rear Guard. Unless I get motivated and work the bottom of my Legend between now and March(Probably not gonna happen). Speaking of bringing the tribe along, is this gonna be a "Family Friendly "type of event?

cupping83
10-09-2007, 07:45 PM
I dont know where any of that is but im game

weathers1200
10-09-2007, 08:15 PM
If my whole tribe comes along (and they will) I'll probably be the Rear Guard. Unless I get motivated and work the bottom of my Legend between now and March(Probably not gonna happen). Speaking of bringing the tribe along, is this gonna be a "Family Friendly "type of event?

Always!:food-smiley-012::Banane20:

weathers1200
10-09-2007, 08:18 PM
I dont know where any of that is but im game

Go to Google Earth and find DeLand, FL or Astor, FL. It is most of what is between those two towns on the St. John's River. Its beautiful country.

willydiver
10-09-2007, 08:31 PM

Plan B would be launch and gather in Welaka, run the Ocklawaha River to Rodman Dam and back. If the Locks are operational we could possibly run the Cross Florida Barge Canal and go into Rodman Resevoir

Man, I'm game for either tour. I've been wanting to get down that way and explore both of those areas. That would be too cool to make the locks at Rodman. Been on the Rodman when they drop it down and it is nothing but a STUMP FIELD outside of the channel. But last time I was there I didn't have my........ MUDBUDDY!!

Absolutely love to tour around Tick Island if it turns out for the Deland to Astor section.

Whatever it is I'm ready!

(Love to do the Glades sometime, too)

weathers1200
10-09-2007, 09:39 PM
Man, I'm game for either tour. I've been wanting to get down that way and explore both of those areas. That would be too cool to make the locks at Rodman. Been on the Rodman when they drop it down and it is nothing but a STUMP FIELD outside of the channel. But last time I was there I didn't have my........ MUDBUDDY!!

Absolutely love to tour around Tick Island if it turns out for the Deland to Astor section.

Whatever it is I'm ready!

(Love to do the Glades sometime, too)

Come on down!

frikkidikki
10-09-2007, 10:08 PM
Lemme see here, If we're gonna do the Rodman trip, I could put in at Okahumpka, take Helena Run into Lake Harris, cut across and take Dead River into Lake Eustis then hit Haines Creek into Lake Griffin then run up the Ocklawaha through the lock at Moss Bluff past the Silver River junction then on through the Ocala National Forest to Lake Ocklawaha. I wouldn't have to trailer the boat more than 12-13 miles! Of course I'd need to leave tomorrow in order to get there by March:damm:

WEBFT2
10-10-2007, 05:42 AM
Will yall let a Yankee come?..........
Easy now boys.... lets not have to have a history lesson...

Elvis and Wings.... barring a corporate mandate... I am there!

ANYONE GOT A ROBIN MINI I CAN USE ON A 1650GT ????????
guess we can call that the WIMPIGATOR! :sign_bs:
I'll show you crackers how to use a real shorty.... hyper on crack!
Elvis add another 4 ' lift in the roundup launch ramp for me please.... the more air.... the better. :hititbanana:

Thank you for doing this.... I will help anyway I can from Tamper.

Fast Duck Motors
10-10-2007, 06:24 AM

Yes this is going to be a family friendly event. Bring everyone you wish to.

On a side note I have secured a place for parking that is about 10 minutes from the ramp. I will have an address for all as soon as I can get one made. This if for those who are staying at hotels and don't want to worry about their boats sitting out all night in the parking lots.
Wimpy Plan A looks like it is a go I will call you today to talk about it but the route will go something like this:
HWY 44 Ed stone park Boat ramp heading north on Honey creek that turns into get out creek and eventually runs into Mudlake/Tick Island turn north east and go up a little creek into lake Dexter head west back to the main river channel turn south back to the ramp it is about a 2 to 2 1/2 hr ride it is a GREAT backwater area to run plus some small mud ponds to play in along the way as well.

On those two notes I would like to give props to Kim Schmale for volunteering his Hanger for a place to gather and a place to park the Boats at DEEP WOODS RANCH and also showing us a great route to take for our run.

As far as food goes we have two choices. I can set up a local BBQ place make up some to go plates and have pulled pork sandwiches, coleslaw and beans for us and get a plate price for everyone and let you know. This way we can just pick up and eat, or we can try to eat something somewhere after the run. We are open for suggestions.

As far as moving the run to Lake O we decided to have this in Deland because it is just about the middle of the state north to south. Now east to west is a little off center but I am sorry we have already planned and are setting things up with hotels and such to try and help with pricing and what not for those who are traveling from Alabama and Georgia places a lot further off. I hope all can still make it. More news to come later!!!!!

and yes YANKEES are welcome but remember about the winning S@#$ we will be going to the back creeks with you!!!! :crazy::crazy:

JF Supermotors
10-10-2007, 07:43 AM
As far as moving the run to Lake O we decided to have this in Deland because it is just about the middle of the state north to south. Now east to west is a little off center but I am sorry we have already planned and are setting things up with hotels and such to try and help with pricing and what not for those who are traveling from Alabama and Georgia places a lot further off. I hope all can still make it. More news to come later!!!!!

Sid, no problem I understand you're well into planning the event. I will probably coordinate a MB Mudfest further south similar to what we did last year for the UWF Mudfest. To not conflict with your dates I will shoot for mid April.

Fast Duck Motors
10-10-2007, 08:29 AM
Sounds good we still want you to come!!! Hopefully we can make yours as well its all about fun and having a good time.

WEBFT2
10-11-2007, 09:46 AM
I am hearing Banjos and thinking deliverance there Ned Beaty
I am not wearing my jeans for you...
Your scaring me! :Banane20:

whistlingwings
10-11-2007, 02:01 PM

Im definately bringing the banjo!!!:crazy:

Caleb, I'll be in touch bro.. Thanks for stepping up.

frikkidikki
10-11-2007, 06:24 PM
Yeah, We heard that you got a "real purty mouth":poster_oops:

Fast Duck Motors
10-12-2007, 07:08 AM
As we get closer if I can get a list of the ones who arre definitely coming that need a hotel room I will try to get the list early enough so that I can reserve a block of rooms and hopefully get a break on the cost. Those who need a room shoot me or Wimpy a PM and I will start making it. I would like to complete the list at least by Dec so that I can hit the hotels early enough to do a littel bargaining. Thanks

Robert
10-12-2007, 08:01 AM
pm sent to ya Fast Duck motors

frikkidikki
10-12-2007, 11:21 AM
I would have figured that there would be plenty of room for everyone to stay at Graceland:Banane08:

Fast Duck Motors
10-12-2007, 01:39 PM
I would have figured that there would be plenty of room for everyone to stay at Graceland:Banane08:

everyone is welcome at graceland!!!!:crazy:

weathers1200
10-14-2007, 09:07 PM
Winston & Elvis,

As we get closer to the event, let me know what I can do to help with the setup, logistics, etc. I've got the F-350, 6X12' enclosed and 16' flatbed trailers for haulin' stuff, etc. I hope to have a couple of new "radical" motors to show off by March. Remember I am just a few miles South (thats up river on the St. John's).

Fast Duck Motors
10-15-2007, 07:40 AM
Winston & Elvis,

As we get closer to the event, let me know what I can do to help with the setup, logistics, etc. I've got the F-350, 6X12' enclosed and 16' flatbed trailers for haulin' stuff, etc. I hope to have a couple of new "radical" motors to show off by March. Remember I am just a few miles South (thats up river on the St. John's).

Sounds good brother thanks for the offer. I would like to see the new motors and take a look at what you have.

snipeshooter
10-15-2007, 04:05 PM
Well you guys have been busy, I go elk hunting for a couple of weeks and yall have everything setup. Any help you need let me know.

Jim

Fast Duck Motors
10-16-2007, 05:45 PM
Well Here is the latest from the big guy himself. I spoke with him today for about an hour and we have come up with the following

The event will start on the 14th due to the amount of events that he wants to do.

Friday March 14th 2008- Mikuni Carb clinic starting around 2pm lasting until 7pm refreshments will be served and it is a hands on clinic with Glenn standing next to you watching and teaching.

Saturday March 15th 2008- Mud run will start at 9am until with possible lunch served after. There will be a demo day event after the mud run would like volunteers or Dealers to bring rigs for that purpose.

There will be flyers and more information to come and we are looking for volunteers for the carb kits. I have two volunteers already would like some more.

We want your input as to what you would like to see and do. Glenn will be here at your disposal so please bring your questions he will have answers for you.

T-shirts will be sold price is to come, I am having a contest for the best original phrase for the t-shirt send whistlingwings and I pm's with your ideas we will announce the winner in December so get them to us we will look at them all. WE WANT YOUR INPUT as to what you want to see. This mudfest is about FUN and MB customers. SO LET ME HERE YA!!!!

P.S. ROMP IN THE SWAMP is out of the question :lame:

More to come later!!!!

whistlingwings
10-16-2007, 05:55 PM
Rock On man Rock On!!!

dukhuntr
10-16-2007, 06:21 PM
I looked all through this thread, but I didn't see where the round-up is going to be. Can anybody help me here and also how far from Charlotte NC.

whistlingwings
10-16-2007, 07:23 PM
The event will be held in Deland, Fl on Hwy 44 Just west of Deland proper.
Fliers will be sent to all the Registered Owners and Dealer's within somehting like 3 or 4 states.

This thing is getting HUGE!!!

Carb Clinic, Mud Run, Demo Run...Hopefully some live entertainment, I was thinking wet t-shirt contest since Spring Break will be just getting fired up, but we need to keep it family friendly so were opting for some possible live music. I just might Pick and Grin a few tunes myself.

sandman7655
10-16-2007, 08:08 PM
keep us posted i am interested for sure.

weathers1200
10-16-2007, 09:11 PM
I looked all through this thread, but I didn't see where the round-up is going to be. Can anybody help me here and also how far from Charlotte NC.

I'm originally from Shelby, its about 9 hours any way you slice it. Hope you make it.

Glenn
10-16-2007, 09:29 PM
This is great - another Mud Buddy Roundup in 2008.

I hope lots of us can make the trip. Great time of year, warm weather and good friends.

I had a long chat with Sid today and the Florida Roundup Team is planning another national event. I look forward to the 23 mile fun run. Sid asked us to host a carburetor clinic and it is on. I can't wait.

Glenn
10-16-2007, 09:33 PM
The event will be held in Deland, Fl on Hwy 44 Just west of Deland proper.
Fliers will be sent to all the Registered Owners and Dealer's within somehting like 3 or 4 states.

This thing is getting HUGE!!!

Carb Clinic, Mud Run, Demo Run...Hopefully some live entertainment, I was thinking wet t-shirt contest since Spring Break will be just getting fired up, but we need to keep it family friendly so were opting for some possible live music. I just might Pick and Grin a few tunes myself.

I look forward to meeting the Florida MB team. Pick and Grin would be nice. Word has it a number of southern dealers and boat manufacturer reps will be there. Yes, it is getting huge.

We had a long productive call today and are happy to pledge corporate support.

Glenn
10-16-2007, 09:35 PM
Winston & Elvis,

:goodjob: radical motors...

Fast Duck Motors
10-17-2007, 06:31 AM

I have some good friends that live in Shelby that is about 45 south I think of Charlotte you are looking at around 9 hours pulling a rig. Would like to have you come Like I have said if anyone needs a hotel room I am working on reserving a block of hotel rooms for those who are interested and I have arranged parking for mud rigs as well that is near the launch site so just PM me or whistlingwings if you need that kind of stuff we are making a list of people so we can get some competative pricing to help traveling people.

Fast Duck Motors
10-17-2007, 06:33 AM
Well you guys have been busy, I go elk hunting for a couple of weeks and yall have everything setup. Any help you need let me know.

Jim

Did you honestly think you weren't going to help!!!! You have volunteered yourself already and you didn't even know it. DOH! :doh1:

whistlingwings
10-17-2007, 07:13 PM
Remember I am just a few miles South (thats up river on the St. John's).

You do know the real reason the St Johns flows north right?:laughing1:

Robert
10-17-2007, 07:31 PM
well I gots a feeling I may sell that ole longtail by the end of that weekend and be a new MB owner.:Banane49: Oh well its wishful thinking anyway. Thanks for the entertainment, now I gots to get back to drawing this project:doh1:

weathers1200
10-17-2007, 08:49 PM
:goodjob: radical motors...

I'm thinking skunkworks if you think we will be ready.

Floridaboy
10-18-2007, 05:49 AM
Well this is getting really big!

I think anyone celebrating an anniversary should get to be the first to ride a tube through the mud. I will bring some goggles.

whistlingwings
10-18-2007, 04:04 PM
I think anyone celebrating an anniversary should get to be the first to ride a tube through the mud. I will bring some goggles.

Steve, what are you getting me into. She just read your post and is all for it.

Anyone have a kneeboard?

porterdcw
10-19-2007, 09:00 AM
Anyone have a kneeboard?

One kneeboard ready and available in Umatilla!

BoatDR
10-19-2007, 09:16 AM
Hey guys, how far is Deland from Mickey Mouse's house?

That's a long drive for me, espically towing a boat, but my little one will be turning 3 just after that and might be a good excuse for a family vacation.

Floridaboy
10-19-2007, 12:49 PM
Steve, what are you getting me into. She just read your post and is all for it.

Anyone have a kneeboard?

Oh man, I am bringing the video camera for this one!!!!

Robert
10-19-2007, 01:18 PM
FLboy, I see you are in JAcksonville, any places to ride around here? I am in LAke City

whistlingwings
10-19-2007, 02:05 PM

That's a long drive for me, espically towing a boat, but my little one will be turning 3 just after that and might be a good excuse for a family vacation.

about an hour +/-

sandman7655
10-19-2007, 05:19 PM
there you go andy a reason to go.

weathers1200
10-19-2007, 06:00 PM

About 45 miles straight up I-4. Too close not to come.

Trashduck
10-19-2007, 07:57 PM
How bout some Turkey hunting on the same weekend??? Is it to far north to kill a "true Osceola" or will it be a hybird? That's opening weekend up here, but will miss it if I can hunt a few days down there. TD

whistlingwings
10-19-2007, 08:30 PM
Osceola's all the way.

weathers1200
10-19-2007, 10:58 PM
How bout some Turkey hunting on the same weekend??? Is it to far north to kill a "true Osceola" or will it be a hybird? That's opening weekend up here, but will miss it if I can hunt a few days down there. TD

Spring Turkey is from March 15 through April 20 in the entire Central Florida Region (this includes Oseola National Forest). Come on and git ye one!

sandman7655
10-20-2007, 08:38 AM
yeh some turkey hunting might just work out nice.

whistlingwings
10-20-2007, 09:19 AM
I think Glenn is on for a Turkey Hunt.
I have another spot if someone wants to try for one.

frikkidikki
10-21-2007, 06:56 PM
Around here, It's not unusual to have a yardful of Osceola turkeys 10 months out of the year, but March and April roll around and it's like they went the way of the Dodo Bird

weathers1200
10-22-2007, 08:28 AM
Around here, It's not unusual to have a yardful of Osceola turkeys 10 months out of the year, but March and April roll around and it's like they went the way of the Dodo Bird

I saw a couple of them in the Tax Collectors office the other day picking up the 2007 hunting handbook. I guess they were confirming the turkey season dates so they can plan a vacation around that time.

:laughing1:

Floridaboy
10-22-2007, 01:09 PM
FLboy, I see you are in JAcksonville, any places to ride around here? I am in LAke City

I do mine in the salt marshes at low tide.

But it can be rough on a prop.

Not sure about your area...

cuncrt2
10-29-2007, 07:15 AM
Winston,

Been off the fourm for a while, just saw the post about the florida Round-up. You can betI am in for sure and will prob bring a few other rigs and folks along for the ride.

If your interested in getting t-shirts made, I can pass along the UW-F member that did the mudfest t-shirts that came out great.

whistlingwings
10-29-2007, 08:14 AM
Great to hear Billy.
Once we get a PDF or TXT document with all the details made up I'll post it on the AW, UW-F, etc..
Untill then Help us spread the word.:Banane40:

Fun N' Gun
10-29-2007, 11:52 AM
Why's it gotta be the opening weekend of gobbler season????

I'd love to come run with you all but thats an important date!

whistlingwings
10-29-2007, 12:59 PM
Why's it gotta be the opening weekend of gobbler season????

I'd love to come run with you all but thats an important date!

Sorry to hear, though I'd hate to see you have to get on your knees for anyone:poster_oops:

Fun N' Gun
10-30-2007, 10:33 AM
Sorry to hear, though I'd hate to see you have to get on your knees for anyone:poster_oops:

Sort of like all you dealers do for Glenn on here?

whistlingwings
10-30-2007, 11:07 AM
Sort of like all you dealers do for Glenn on here?

... Take a joke brother.

Fast Duck Motors
10-30-2007, 12:27 PM
Fun N Gun
I know it is the opening day and I am a huge turkey hunter myself and this is what worked out for Glenn and his schedule to be able to come and offer us the oppurtuninty to meet the MAN, THE MYTH, THE LEGEND!!!!! and ask him anything you want.
It is going to be a two day event starting on Friday and ending on Saturday when ever. With all that Winston and I wanted to get done it was going to take two days that way all quesitons could be answered and no one is rushed. Glenn will be there both days as well and will be happy to help with any questions.
We have not come up with a defininte start time on Friday but it is looking like 3pm so everyone has time to get there and get set up for the clinic and we can finish by 7pm so no one has to stay late. There is going to be a carb clinic that is going to be offered with Glenn that will last about 3 hours with Glenn walking you through it and answering any quesitons as he does the seminar. I am working on food for that night as well so no one has to leave to go eat. I will keep everyone posted on that part. If anyone is wanting to upgrade their 23 or 35 this is the time he will standing right next to you helping you put it on.
The mud run will be on Saturday and it will start around 9am so that it is not too hot during the run. After the run we are going to do a demo day where people can come and test run the boats and motors. I have confirmed the new 6000pf SD it will be there for people to run and feel the POWER :crazy::crazy::crazy: That motor is CRAZY!!! to say the least. I just finished setting one up and it is unbelieveable!!!!
Also I will be getting a packet from Glenn for everyone that will include a map of the area as far as hotels, boat ramp and the gathering spot as well I will post it on here or on my website for everyone to download and print out for themselves. Again if anyone has any questions please feel free to PM me or call me any time. If you are interested in upgrading your motor send me a PM and I will arrange for your parts to be there when you arrive.

I hope all can make it. We intend to exclude NO ONE!!!!

floridagobbler
11-03-2007, 09:43 PM
You pick the opening day of gobbler season, the holy grail, to have the round-up? You smoking crack?

Would love to attend, but I'll be in the turkey woods on 3/15/08. Sorry, got to have your priorities straight!!; regardless of glenn's schedule. Have a good time!!

Tim D.

whistlingwings
11-04-2007, 06:00 AM
If your much of a Turkey hunter you'll be done before 8am and still be able to make the Roundup. :017:

floridagobbler
11-04-2007, 05:21 PM
whatever.........:lame:

weathers1200
11-04-2007, 07:39 PM
whislingwings,

It is impossible to accommodate everyone. Don't stress my brother, those who are turkey hunting and those at the mudfest will have fun.

Fast Duck Motors
11-05-2007, 12:47 PM
You pick the opening day of gobbler season, the holy grail, to have the round-up? You smoking crack?

Would love to attend, but I'll be in the turkey woods on 3/15/08. Sorry, got to have your priorities straight!!; regardless of glenn's schedule. Have a good time!!

Tim D.

I am a die hard Turkey hunter and I had to schedule a guided hunt to the following weekend because it was the only time Glenn could block off to come. I agree it is the holy grail but there is always Sunday to hunt and the rest of your life for several more turkey seasons. Glenn coming to Florida for the first Mud fest ever I can put off a day of hunting for this.

Good luck hunting I hope you can make it? :food-smiley-012:It is going to be a fun time for all!!!!

Fast Duck Motors
11-05-2007, 12:48 PM
whislingwings,

It is impossible to accommodate everyone. Don't stress my brother, those who are turkey hunting and those at the mudfest will have fun.

I agree with you %100!!!!

Dead Ringer
11-06-2007, 12:28 PM
Though it would be nice to get some of the college hotties to ride us I mean in our rigs.

Maybe I'll drag along the MudQueens from the South FL Mudfest :banana:

Dead Ringer
11-06-2007, 12:30 PM
If your interested in getting t-shirts made, I can pass along the UW-F member that did the mudfest t-shirts that came out great.

I wear mine so often, it's got holes in it. Glad I bought 2!

Dead Ringer
11-06-2007, 12:35 PM
Winston, any chance we could hold this a little further south towards central Florida? I've got a lot of guys in the south and central part of the state that I'm sure would be interested in attending. Also, judging by our UWF Mudfest last year at Holiday Park in the 'glades we've got lots of UWF Mud Buddy owners.

Don't worry Juan, I'm sure that the HPC and 8sg will be putting together another S FL Mudfest with UWF, complete with bikini-clad poker dealers (man Mike and I are going to look silly in bikinis) :Banane20:

JF Supermotors
11-06-2007, 01:24 PM
John, I'll probably be doing a mudfest around tax day. Not sure if I'll do it as part of UWF or a Mud Buddy event. This will be at HP again since it's ideal for an event.

As far as the bikini clad dealers, I believe the organizing committee has the line item veto power for any volunteers. I'd be willing to bet a weeks pay that you and Mike don't have a chance since Billy and I will most assuredly be part of the committee. We'll be looking for candidates more like this.. :Banane20::Banane20::Banane20:

Fast Duck Motors
11-07-2007, 06:50 AM
I wear mine so often, it's got holes in it. Glad I bought 2!

Mud buddy is going to bring shirts for the event but we are trying to come up with some kind of saying that is good to put on it. I am thinking everyone agrees that "ROMP IN THE SWAMP" is out but I am open to suggestions. Thanks for the offer though.

willydiver
11-07-2007, 08:40 AM
If the shirt designs are open to suggestion.... I personally think local artist designs are way smoother than out of the box "photoshop" clip art ones. I'm just a t-shirt nut that prefers the one of a kind old school style tees and not the mass produced junk people sell these days (like Ron Jon's....). The t-shirt needs to show a boat with a mud motor on it rather than just some reference to "backwater motors" etc. People that have never heard of a mud motor need to be able to look at the graphic/drawing and see what in the world they are. The point of t-shirts is for remembering a fun event and/or advertising. Self-explanatory designs are key. It shouldn't just be an inside thing to duck hunters with a silhouette of ducks flying and reference to backwater sporting, etc. That's cool for duck hunters, but not every potential mud motor owner is a duck hunter or even knows what these things are.

Sorry for the deep discussion on T-shirts! And PLEASE put the design on the back!!!
(Sorry guys, I realize y'all are the ones putting up the money for the tees. I'm just posting my thoughts)
Thanks!
WD

Fast Duck Motors
11-07-2007, 10:07 AM
If the shirt designs are open to suggestion.... I personally think local artist designs are way smoother than out of the box "photoshop" clip art ones. I'm just a t-shirt nut that prefers the one of a kind old school style tees and not the mass produced junk people sell these days (like Ron Jon's....). The t-shirt needs to show a boat with a mud motor on it rather than just some reference to "backwater motors" etc. People that have never heard of a mud motor need to be able to look at the graphic/drawing and see what in the world they are. The point of t-shirts is for remembering a fun event and/or advertising. Self-explanatory designs are key. It shouldn't just be an inside thing to duck hunters with a silhouette of ducks flying and reference to backwater sporting, etc. That's cool for duck hunters, but not every potential mud motor owner is a duck hunter or even knows what these things are.

Sorry for the deep discussion on T-shirts! And PLEASE put the design on the back!!!
(Sorry guys, I realize y'all are the ones putting up the money for the tees. I'm just posting my thoughts)
Thanks!
WD

You have the same train of thought as us. We are going to do a design and discuss with Glenn as to what we can do and what we can't. There are two different thoughts for me and they are one can be something funny with a saying, or something a little more finished that has a heading like 1st annual central florida mud fest with a boat motor type deal on it. The idea is to come up with something that people want. We are looking for suggestions so if you have a .tif or a .gif or anything that you would like to suggest we will look at it and hopefully we can come up with something that everyone will like and appreciate. All of which will go on the back of the shirt unless we are told otherwise. Thanks for the input.

Fast Duck Motors
11-09-2007, 06:49 AM
Dang dude!!!! is that your butt ????:laughing1: Just kidding. That is a nasty sight brother!!!!:banned: :crazy: Looks like cat scratch fever!!! Is that a spider bite? OUCH!!!

willydiver
11-09-2007, 10:51 AM
Glad I had the smell turned down before I opened this thread.

floridagobbler
11-10-2007, 09:29 PM
hair folic infection......hurt like hell unti it came to a head and drained

Fast Duck Motors
11-15-2007, 09:14 AM
hair folic infection......hurt like hell unti it came to a head and drained

Promise me no more pic's like that I just about threw up on my keyboard :banned:

floridagobbler
11-15-2007, 09:26 PM
so i guess its not going on the back of the shirt?:laughing1:

Fast Duck Motors
11-19-2007, 12:00 PM
so i guess its not going on the back of the shirt?:laughing1:

That would be a good guess :017:

whistlingwings
11-29-2007, 09:23 PM
So how we coming on the T-Shirt contest?
Any entries yet?

Fast Duck Motors
11-30-2007, 07:02 AM
So how we coming on the T-Shirt contest?
Any entries yet?

None yet I guess we're going to have to choose ourselves. I hope no one is dissapointed when we do.

frikkidikki
12-04-2007, 09:20 PM
Is it gonna cause any grief if I bring my airboat instead of the Hyperdrive to this event?

weathers1200
12-04-2007, 10:09 PM
Is it gonna cause any grief if I bring my airboat instead of the Hyperdrive to this event?

You will be in the heart of fanboat country. Just don't be blowin' us around!

frikkidikki
12-04-2007, 10:52 PM
I'm only thinkin' about bringing it so that I can keep up with all of ya'll with the BadAzz Lawnmower powerplants:bananapowerslide:! Fanboat? thats the first time I've heard a Floridian refer to an airboat that way

whistlingwings
12-05-2007, 05:20 AM
Volusia is one of the Counties that require mufflers on your blowboat.
Your welcome to bring it.

BTW since your in Lake Panasoffkee you dont happen to know Paul and Colleen Hobkirk do you.. Paul has been in the blowboat scene since back in the 70's in that area. Real good friends of mine.

Jdub
12-05-2007, 08:06 AM
Not sure what I can do, but if you guys need help with anything let me know.

Fast Duck Motors
12-05-2007, 08:42 AM
Not sure what I can do, but if you guys need help with anything let me know.

Sounds great we will definitely keep you in mind when it gets closer. We have come up with a map for everyone, we are fine tuning it and are hoping to have it where you can down load it to your computer to print out so everyone will know the route we're taking. Thanks again for the offer. Don't forget we are going to be doing the carb clinic for the twin Makuni's as well as the singles and we also have a little surprise for the mini's I am hoping. Keep a look out for more info. :crazy:

Jdub
12-05-2007, 11:58 AM
Well any help I can be with mapping/gps/etc let me know, that is what I do for a living after all. You have my number if there's anything else I can help with, I'm looking foward to it :rok:

frikkidikki
12-05-2007, 07:47 PM
Volusia is one of the Counties that require mufflers on your blowboat.
Your welcome to bring it.

BTW since your in Lake Panasoffkee you dont happen to know Paul and Colleen Hobkirk do you.. Paul has been in the blowboat scene since back in the 70's in that area. Real good friends of mine.
"Blowboat", now that's a little more like it. Actually, mufflers and an orange flag a minimum of 10' from the bottom of the boat has been a statewide requirement since June of '06. I don't know the Hobkirks personally, but I have heard of them. If they've been airboating since back in the '70s, I'd be willing to bet they have an aircraft engined boat! Seems like I promised Sid (Elvis) an airboat ride a couple of years ago and this would be a good time to deliver on it. Provided he ain't scared! For that matter, anyone else who wants to go for an airboat ride is welcome as well

Fast Duck Motors
12-05-2007, 07:55 PM
"Blowboat", now that's a little more like it. Actually, mufflers and an orange flag a minimum of 10' from the bottom of the boat has been a statewide requirement since June of '06. I don't know the Hobkirks personally, but I have heard of them. If they've been airboating since back in the '70s, I'd be willing to bet they have an aircraft engined boat! Seems like I promised Sid (Elvis) an airboat ride a couple of years ago and this would be a good time to deliver on it. Provided he ain't scared! For that matter, anyone else who wants to go for an airboat ride is welcome as well

I AIN"T SKEERD BROTHER That will be good to bring and have a little fun at the same time. I would love to show off the tunnel and the jackplate you have on your rig though. By the way you will have to wrestle my boy at the same time he loves an airboat!!! Talk to you soon. FRIKKI!!!:tomato:

frikkidikki
12-05-2007, 08:19 PM
Let Chance know that he's got a ride coming to him! My son Riley, is 8 years old now and can't get enough of either the Hyper or the Airboat. (352) 303-1499

weathers1200
12-05-2007, 11:16 PM
frikkidikki,

My girlfriend took a ride a couple of months ago on a 12' 300 plus H.P. Lycoming powered air boat and I snapped her mug shot going by at over 70 MPH. She is hooked! I'll bet she will ride with ya! This will just have to be a "Run What Ya' Brung" Mudfest! I'll be glad to meet you what ever you're drivin'.

frikkidikki
12-06-2007, 05:20 AM
Weathers, sounds like you may have to make room for one in your garage sometime in the future!

Fast Duck Motors
12-06-2007, 07:18 AM
Let Chance know that he's got a ride coming to him! My son Riley, is 8 years old now and can't get enough of either the Hyper or the Airboat. (352) 303-1499

I will do that he will be all over that thing. He is the same way it doesn't matter what kind of boat he just wants to be out in it. He will be 7 in Feb. Hard to believe they are getting that old now or wait a minute how we are getting....no, no, no, I had it right the first time. :doh1:

whistlingwings
12-06-2007, 03:06 PM
... he will be all over that thing.

Literally

Fast Duck Motors
12-07-2007, 12:33 PM
Literally

AMENNN BROTHER!!!:tomato:

whistlingwings
12-14-2007, 06:44 PM
WE SERIOUSLY NEED TO GET THE PDF FLYER DONE!!!!!!!!
I dont have a version of Adobe that I can create PDF's with.
Someone spoke of a mailer to all registered MB owners in the SE. When's that happening?

weathers1200
12-14-2007, 10:05 PM
Someone spoke of a mailer to all registered MB owners in the SE. When's that happening?

I have every version of Adobe there is, autocad, etc. let me know what we need!

whistlingwings
12-23-2007, 05:11 PM
I have every version of Adobe there is, autocad, etc. let me know what we need!

Weathers...
we need to get together after the holidays and get the PDF in the works.
Thanks man

Jdub
12-23-2007, 05:24 PM

Let me know if I can help, I can convert about anything you need. I work with aerials, gps, autocad on a daily basis (I own a Land Surveying company after all) so if there's anything you need as far as mapping or waypoints for the route let me know.

whistlingwings
12-23-2007, 05:50 PM
JDub...Pm your email address and I'll send you some info on the route.

Jdub
12-23-2007, 06:56 PM

Sent!

weathers1200
12-26-2007, 03:27 PM
Weathers...
we need to get together after the holidays and get the PDF in the works.
Thanks man

We can do that fo' sho'.

Fast Duck Motors
12-27-2007, 07:06 AM
I spoke with Glenn yesterday and he said he owuld take care of the flyers and the paper work side of it we just need to get the information to him. Also we need to come up with a saying for the T-shirt. If no one wants to come up with anything then one will be made so here's your chance to help out. Give me some suggestions or we might have to go with "ROMP IN THE SWAMP" or "Manatee the other white meat". HELP US OUT!!!:crazy:

willydiver
12-27-2007, 09:16 AM
MudBuddy Brand Hydrilla Salad.... a backwater delicacy!

porterdcw
12-27-2007, 06:57 PM
"Water? We Don't Need No Stinking Water!"

weathers1200
12-27-2007, 07:42 PM
I like running in pure grease!

whistlingwings
12-27-2007, 08:36 PM
"""Thanks Duke""""

"Dirty toyz for dirty boyz"

"Good, clean fun!"

"Shout this out!"

"If it aint green, it aint mean!"

"Go ahead, sling it!"

"Florida Mudcats"

'Mud, it's what for dinner"

"The Great Florida Mudslide!"

"Florida Mudapalooza"

"Florida Mudbuddy Roundup-We do it deeper" (Personal favorite)

"Florida Mudbuddy Roundup '08-Will your mama let you play in the mud"

weathers1200
12-27-2007, 10:03 PM
Mud pies 'R' us! Fast & clean or slow & dirty, hell, I'm just thinkin' out loud. How about the MB logo and the caption, 1st Annual Florida Round up 2008.

willydiver
12-28-2007, 09:09 AM
Mud. The other dark meat!

Fast Duck Motors
12-28-2007, 01:33 PM
Having fun in the mud :laughing1:

whistlingwings
12-28-2007, 02:50 PM
There you go again Sid, taking credit for my hard work.:doh1:

weathers1200
12-28-2007, 07:51 PM
Well, both of your work have my vote!

sandman7655
12-28-2007, 08:23 PM
Having fun in the mud :laughing1:thats what i am talking about.

willydiver
12-28-2007, 11:40 PM
That gator pic is awesome. That would look good with a caption/slogan coming out of his mouth. Something like "D@m$ Mudbuddy's..... we can't hide anywhere!"

whistlingwings
12-29-2007, 11:10 AM
What Slogan?????

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e1/kg4yus/Florida_flat.jpg

Jdub
12-29-2007, 02:41 PM
What were we taking about again http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/drool2.gif

What Slogan?????

weathers1200
12-29-2007, 05:17 PM
Were we talking about a mudfest or something? What's my name? Boats?

Fast Duck Motors
12-31-2007, 12:50 PM
dhsufgrewaghhhpoirewah oh yeah Mun in the fud or dun in fum something like that. WHOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOTERS!!!!! :crazy::crazy: DANG THAT LOOK GOOOD!!!!

whistlingwings
01-06-2008, 06:19 PM
Words out, info is on 4 local forums.:banana:

Glenn
01-06-2008, 06:29 PM
Mud. The other dark meat!

That is good.:banana:

Fast Duck Motors
01-07-2008, 09:45 AM
I am trying to get an outline of the alligator so it will be easy to print. I was thinking we could put in captions "OUCH!!!!" I thought that would be good for the gator pic.

sandman7655
01-07-2008, 09:52 AM
What Slogan?????

who has one of those in stock:Banane38:

whistlingwings
01-07-2008, 08:51 PM
I had one for a few days but the accountant (wife) made me send it back to manufacturer

whistlingwings
01-18-2008, 04:39 PM
Carb Clinic Volunteers Needed

See post in Main Forum

deadbird8
01-18-2008, 04:48 PM
who has one of those in stock:Banane38:

I think those are the duals..... come two to an order.

weathers1200
01-18-2008, 08:18 PM
Yeah, on the top end!

whistlingwings
01-18-2008, 08:33 PM
" If you love your country...
than standup and show them big 'ole titties to me":Banane20:

Glenn
01-20-2008, 07:24 PM
" If you love your country...
than standup and show them big 'ole titties to me":Banane20:

Are you still hanging around that post? :bananajump::bananajump: But then again, what am I doing here!

weathers1200
01-20-2008, 11:04 PM
Us Floridy boys love to show off our girls!

Jdub
01-22-2008, 09:36 PM

Still waiting you lazy SOB....

whistlingwings
01-23-2008, 08:01 PM
Man...I'll tell ya if it aint one thing its another. Laptop quit, sent in for repair, hunted hell n back for the disc, found it and now the cd drive on the desktop is not working... I cant win with frigging computers.

Fast Duck Motors
01-24-2008, 07:03 AM
Man...I'll tell ya if it aint one thing its another. Laptop quit, sent in for repair, hunted hell n back for the disc, found it and now the cd drive on the desktop is not working... I cant win with frigging computers.

Do you hear that????? :dance: Sounds like a stringed instrument playing in the back ground :crazy::crazy:

weathers1200
01-24-2008, 09:10 AM
Winston,

It's time to upgrade from that old Commodore 64 bud!

Jdub
01-24-2008, 06:36 PM

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x65/jdub3081/violin.gif

Glenn
01-25-2008, 10:48 PM
I'm thinking skunkworks if you think we will be ready.

I really want to see that Kawi run. I spoke with Drew, one of the engineers at Kawasaki today and told him about your work. He signed up this afternoon and should be able to look at your posts early next week.

Not sure if the world is prepared to see the Skunkworks project. How much time on it? :appledance:

weathers1200
01-26-2008, 09:19 AM
I really want to see that Kawi run. I spoke with Drew, one of the engineers at Kawasaki today and told him about your work. He signed up this afternoon and should be able to look at your posts early next week.

Not sure if the world is prepared to see the Skunkworks project. How much time on it? :appledance:

They are getting ready to ship the Gen II to you. They have had some scheduling issues and I have been on their butts about getting it out the door. I will call them on monday and get the details, then let you know where we are with it.

willydiver
01-28-2008, 08:19 PM
Winston,

It's time to upgrade from that old Commodore 64 bud!

Man, I didn't know anybody even knew what an Commodore 64 was anymore!!! That's awesome. We had one of those beasts WITH a REAL floppy disk drive. Better not try and take out a floppy while it was running or it would growl at you and threaten to explode. Even better, the first computer my dad brought home was a Commodore Vic20!!!!! Man, those old cartridge/text games were the schizzle....!!! Kids now-a-days don't have a clue. Thanks for the flashback.
WD :rok:

whistlingwings
01-28-2008, 08:31 PM
Flashback...

Colecovision
Atari 2600 and if you were real lucky you got the Atari 5200

had several Comodores

10= HI
20= THERE
30= GO TO 10 I actually took programming in high school on the comodore series.
DOS what the hell is that:doh1:

Glenn
01-28-2008, 08:56 PM
They are getting ready to ship the Gen II to you. They have had some scheduling issues and I have been on their butts about getting it out the door. I will call them on monday and get the details, then let you know where we are with it.

That is good. I though they were going to give up. :goodjob:

weathers1200
01-28-2008, 09:45 PM
Man, I didn't know anybody even knew what an Commodore 64 was anymore!!! That's awesome. We had one of those beasts WITH a REAL floppy disk drive. Better not try and take out a floppy while it was running or it would growl at you and threaten to explode. Even better, the first computer my dad brought home was a Commodore Vic20!!!!! Man, those old cartridge/text games were the schizzle....!!! Kids now-a-days don't have a clue. Thanks for the flashback.
WD :rok:

Dude,

My first computer was a Texas Instruments TI-99/4A with the cassette tape drive and using your television as a monitor. Every program had to be entered manually in Basic language. I remember typing in code for about 5 hours one day to get a little dot to make one revolution around the TV screen. I skipped the Commodore and went to a Tandy "Laptop" about 30 pounds! It had dual 3-1/2" floppy drives, one for the DOS operating system and one for the application program. DOS was a SOB but simple compared to Basic. Those were the days.

weathers1200
01-28-2008, 09:50 PM
That is good. I though they were going to give up. :goodjob:

The switch over to Gen II caused them more delays than expected. I will not let them give up on it as you, I and they have way too much invested in it. I did not call today but will definitely call tomorrow. I'll keep you posted.
:food-smiley-012:

Gun Doc
02-01-2008, 10:50 PM
K&E DeciLon.

weathers1200
02-02-2008, 08:49 AM
K&E DeciLon.

We are all dating ourselves! I had a friend in Gainesville, Florida whos dad was a land surveyor. I remember one day when his dad showed me the first ever Hewlitt Packard engineering calculator, $10,000 at the time! Hell, my first Beta Max VCR cost $1,200. That was a lot of dough back then.

willydiver
02-03-2008, 08:07 PM
Alright.... don't ya'll start talking PUNCH CARDS next..........! The "Old Fogey" alarm will sound at that point.:tomato::laughing1:

By the way, what was decided for the Florida Roundup river run route? What part of the river will we be running? Has a map/brochure been made up? My bro-in-law and I are pumped about coming down.

Thanks!
WD

weathers1200
02-03-2008, 11:13 PM
Alright.... don't ya'll start talking PUNCH CARDS next..........! The "Old Fogey" alarm will sound at that point.:tomato::laughing1:

By the way, what was decided for the Florida Roundup river run route? What part of the river will we be running? Has a map/brochure been made up? My bro-in-law and I are pumped about coming down.

Thanks!
WD

Winston...Elvis...a little help here!

Fast Duck Motors
02-04-2008, 06:53 AM
The link is bad disregard the one I posted.

BoatDR
02-04-2008, 07:49 AM
http://www.mudbuddy.com/Florida%20Roundup.htm (http://mail3.dadeservice.com/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.mudbuddy.com/Florida%2520Roundup.htm)

Doenst work/need password.

frikkidikki
02-04-2008, 08:03 AM
When I was going through Avionics school in Memphis we actually worked on machines that used "Punch Cards". I haven't thought about that in years :comptoss:. Those were a far cry from the Fujitsu 4020D convertible tablet that I'm peckin' away on today! Of course I still don't type any faster now than I did in '84.

admin-Jon
02-04-2008, 08:34 AM
try this link
http://www.mudbuddy.com/Florida%20Roundup.htm

BoatDR
02-04-2008, 09:18 AM
That works.

Fast Duck Motors
02-04-2008, 01:30 PM
Thanks for the help BIG GUY!!!

whistlingwings
02-04-2008, 05:09 PM
Doenst work/need password.

Dont know what Sid was smoking there

He was trying to get everyone to login and check our emails:laughing1:

Whats messed up is I logged in and it took me straight to the roundup page???

Fast Duck Motors
02-04-2008, 06:56 PM
Dont know what Sid was smoking there

He was trying to get everyone to login and check our emails:laughing1:

Whats messed up is I logged in and it took me straight to the roundup page???

There is something going on with my e-mail not sure yet I have not had time to fix it yet. Sorry about that I might need to smoke something to get it fixed though!! :tomato:

whistlingwings
02-05-2008, 10:13 PM
So...

I finally got my laptop back, 4 hrs later I have all files transferred from old machine to new. Took me 2 to figure out how to get the LAN setup and share on both machines.

Jaime, map is in your email Do your magic.
Sid, Street Atlas is ready to roll for the end of this month.
Glenn, CD with files is ready and will mail in the next day or two.

Fast Duck Motors
02-06-2008, 06:56 AM
So...

I finally got my laptop back, 4 hrs later I have all files transferred from old machine to new. Took me 2 to figure out how to get the LAN setup and share on both machines.

Jaime, map is in your email Do your magic.
Sid, Street Atlas is ready to roll for the end of this month.
Glenn, CD with files is ready and will mail in the next day or two.

DUDE!! where you been :laughing1: We have the maps up already for directions to the place and pictures of the place too. It would be nice to get the GPS numbers going. I could not find my disk that I had to send JDUB. Things are looking good right now. Had the first person order there carb last night for the carb clinic we still need more people so give me or Whimpy a call so we can get the carbs ordered in time for the clinic. Glad to see you figured out how to use your laptop finally :laughing1:

Fast Duck Motors
02-06-2008, 01:43 PM
Due to the recent events we here at Fast Duck would like to do something during the mud fest to help the family's of Excel as much as we can. Please keep this in mind as we celebrate the beauty of the outdoors and the joy it provides us it can also cause devistation that is simply unexplainable. Our thoughts and prayers are with the family's of Excel and we are praying that everyone turns out safe and ok. We will contribute any and all funds donated during the event to the fund that Glenn has started and continue to do what ever we can to help.

whistlingwings
02-06-2008, 02:55 PM
DUDE!! where you been :laughing1: We have the maps up already for directions to the place and pictures of the place too.

Map of the run dum***

whistlingwings
02-06-2008, 05:05 PM
I have a dozen NIB Flambeau BW Teal I'll throw up for raffle.
Not much but its about all I got to contribute.

Fast Duck Motors
02-11-2008, 07:58 AM
Okay everyone we are down to the wire here but if you are insterested in participating in the carb clinic you will need to get your orders in to Mud Buddy pretty quick so you can get it here and you will need to sign up so we will know who will be attending. I have 4 people that have confirmed already so please get with Whimpy or I to get you scheduled. I can order the carbs for you as well and have htem here when you get here I am doing that already for a couple of people. This is shaping up to be a lot of FUN!!!!

On a side note me and the author or our route did the run yesterday and it was 22.5 miles to run it straight through without stopping using a 35 SD average speed of 16.5 miles an hours it took 1hr 30 minutes. Unbelievable ride though. I think all will enjoy. If the dry weather keeps up we will definitely have some mud to play in a couple of spots. :crazy:

As far as lunch goes we have a couple of options any input we be great but some of them are bringing your own and we will just stop somewhere and gather up to eat another is I can have some food there but there will be a small charge for the food. I can arrange for some food to be cooked as well by the gentlemen who is also providing the place to store your boats as well as the area to dot he carb clinic. He said he could cook some chicken or a hog somehting along those lines. GIVE ME INPUT!!!!

weathers1200
02-11-2008, 10:09 AM
Chickens and a hog is my vote. Being on the water makes me hoooongry!

Jdub
02-11-2008, 01:26 PM
On a side note me and the author or our route did the run yesterday and it was 22.5 miles to run it straight through without stopping using a 35 SD average speed of 16.5 miles an hours it took 1hr 30 minutes. Unbelievable ride though. I think all will enjoy. If the dry weather keeps up we will definitely have some mud to play in a couple of spots. :crazy:

Was that the overall loop that Winston sent me? I came up with much longer than that roundtrip.

whistlingwings
02-11-2008, 03:31 PM
Sid has no clue where he was

Fast Duck Motors
02-11-2008, 04:32 PM
Sid has no clue where he was

Yes I do and it was 22.5 the main loop if we do the Teddars stop then it will be longer but the main run is pretty quick. With that in mind though it give us a little more time to play at Teddars or I was thinking we could just do the run come back to the park and eat then do the demo days stuff instead of going to Teddars.

whistlingwings
02-11-2008, 04:59 PM
Yardbird and Swine sounds fine.

whistlingwings
02-14-2008, 06:38 PM
Anyone in need of accomodations, I would suggest you get your rooms reserved soon. Caught wind from another forum member there arent many rooms left around town.

"Name Brand"

http://www.universityinndeland.com

/http://www.daysinn.com/DaysInn/control/Booking/check_avail?brandCode=DI,MQ,HJ,KG,RA,SE,TL,BU&searchWithinMiles=25&areaType=1&destination=deland&stateName=Florida&state=FL&countryName=United%20States&country=US&checkInDate=02/14&numberAdults=1&numberRooms=1&checkOutDate=02/15&numberChildren=0&rateName=Best%20Avail&rate=000&variant=&id=04609&propBrandId=DI&force_nostay=false

"Mom n Pop"

Deland Motel
1340 N Woodland Blvd
Deland, FL 32720
(386) 734-5177

Chimney Corner Motel
1941 S Woodland Blvd
Deland, FL 32720
(386) 734-3146

willydiver
02-21-2008, 11:01 AM
Just made my motel reservation at the Days Inn (386-775-4522). As of this morning, they still had rooms. Can't wait to do some exploring on the mighty St. Johns!
WD

weathers1200
02-21-2008, 01:44 PM
Just made my motel reservation at the Days Inn (386-775-4522). As of this morning, they still had rooms. Can't wait to do some exploring on the mighty St. Johns!
WD

That is a bad azz river, been running it since I was a little shaver bow riding my daddy's boat!

:Banane38:

Glenn
02-21-2008, 01:48 PM
We have t-shirts in the works, but I have no idea how many folks are going to be there and who wants one. Not that I need advance orders, but I remember Caddo two years ago when we arrived with a small box of them and got over-run in 2 minutes.

So, let me know what size and how many so I have some idea what I should order.

They are $15 each. Full 4-color MB logo on back with MB Hyper on front with "Florida Mud Motor Yacht Club"

Fast Duck Motors
02-21-2008, 02:05 PM
We have t-shirts in the works, but I have no idea how many folks are going to be there and who wants one. Not that I need advance orders, but I remember Caddo two years ago when we arrived with a small box of them and got over-run in 2 minutes.

So, let me know what size and how many so I have some idea what I should order.

They are $15 each. Full 4-color MB logo on back with MB Hyper on front with "Florida Mud Motor Yacht Club"

Glenn please put me down for 2/ 3x shirts, 1-large, and 1-small I will keep tabs for more. Do you have a picture of the T-shirt?

whistlingwings
02-21-2008, 04:20 PM
2 large please, with pepperoni

jks
02-21-2008, 05:34 PM
This is a good map of the mud route and the middle St. Johns River. I have printed 35 or so of these to give away, but they aren't waterproof. The real item was purchased at a local marine store in Deland, and is waterproof. It covers from Lake Harney to the North end of Lake George. Look forward to seeing everone in March. Kim

Jdub
02-21-2008, 07:12 PM
I'll have maps of the route along with some waypoints along the route, been busy but I'll get it uploaded this weekend so anyone interested can download it before the trip.

weathers1200
02-21-2008, 07:15 PM
Glenn,

I need one XL and a ladies S if you have them, if not a mens small for the little woman. Thanks.

santa
02-21-2008, 08:25 PM
as said in the other thread, I need two 2X shirts.

thanks!

porterdcw
02-23-2008, 06:14 AM
I am in for an XL Shirt.

Ronbow
02-23-2008, 07:07 AM
Ronbow made reservations and will be there looking forward to the fest. Glenn one med T for me thanks Ron

frikkidikki
02-24-2008, 06:57 AM
Who's bringing the Swamp Cabbage?

willydiver
02-24-2008, 11:24 AM
Guys, who do we contact about leaving our boats at the storage place mentioned? We'll be down late Friday evening (us poor folks got to work on Friday!). I know you fellas ain't gonna be in bed early.... Seriously, do we need to reserve a spot to park our boat/trailer?
Thanks,
WD

whistlingwings
02-24-2008, 01:45 PM
JKS here on the Forum (see post above) is hosting the Carb Clinic and parking for rigs at Deep Woods Ranch. Sid should be able to fill you in on contact for parking.

whistlingwings
02-24-2008, 01:47 PM
Oh and a FYI

I hear tell that Kim and Sid found us some MUDD to run on the route.

Keep your fingers crossed the water levels continue to drop.

willydiver
02-24-2008, 09:40 PM
Thanks. You guys are setting this up top-notch.

JKS, I'd definitely like to get a copy of the St. Johns map.

On another note, any particulars we should know to comply with the local boating reg's? Boat numbering, jackets, whistle, extinguisher (if gas can not throwable), alcoholic beverages, etc.?

And.... my brother-in-law and I have a room at the Days Inn in Deland. Be happy to split it with anyone that needs a room. Just leave any sleep walking/snuggling habits at the HOUSE!!!:019::banned::laughing1:

whistlingwings
02-25-2008, 05:19 AM
http://myfwc.com/boating/safety/vessel_class/1.htm

Fast Duck Motors
02-25-2008, 07:00 AM
Guys, who do we contact about leaving our boats at the storage place mentioned? We'll be down late Friday evening (us poor folks got to work on Friday!). I know you fellas ain't gonna be in bed early.... Seriously, do we need to reserve a spot to park our boat/trailer?
Thanks,
WD

No you don't have to reserve a spot. We had just asked that people who need to store their boats let us know. Just let me know when you getting in and I can arrange to get you to JKS's spot. Do you know how late you might be? This is so I can let JKS know when you'll be there. Look forward to meeting everyone too! Also there is a link to directions to both spots as well on the MB website under demo events I think it is.

Fast Duck Motors
02-26-2008, 07:33 AM
All right peeps here is another update. We are going to be adding a poker run style raffle for prizes. I have to confirm with the BIG GUY but there are going to be some interesting prizes to be given away. I have had a couple of vacation trips that are being donated. I am securing the food from a local group and I should have that wrapped up today possibly. I do need some kind of a head count to give them so if there is a way you can let me know who is coming that would help to make sure there is enough food for everyone. Also remember we are raising money for the family's of Excel Boats too. The updates will keep coming. There are also going to be some new items introduced as well for the smaller motors. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

Fast Duck Motors
02-27-2008, 07:16 AM
All right peeps here is another update. We are going to be adding a poker run style raffle for prizes. I have to confirm with the BIG GUY but there are going to be some interesting prizes to be given away. I have had a couple of vacation trips that are being donated. I am securing the food from a local group and I should have that wrapped up today possibly. I do need some kind of a head count to give them so if there is a way you can let me know who is coming that would help to make sure there is enough food for everyone. Also remember we are raising money for the family's of Excel Boats too. The updates will keep coming. There are also going to be some new items introduced as well for the smaller motors. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

Okay here is an update to the update :crazy: I spoke with the BIG GUY yesterday to get caught up and you guys are not going to believe what he has done. Yet again he has added to the fun. Glenn has donated a few items to the mud fest to be raffled away. They are gooooood gooooood :crazy: There will be some good stuff to be given away. Lets just say for now that there is something that rhymes with duffler being given away. :damm: I hope I didn't give it away. :crazy:

Fast Duck Motors
02-29-2008, 07:43 AM
Well we now have another update. The group that was going to do the food has managed to have to back out. I am kind of back to square one. What does everyone think of chicken?
I have also been told that Geaux Custom is going to donate a few items as well. We have also decided to go with the regular raffle ticket just be cause we are trying to fit a lot into one day. The lunch ticket and your raffle tickets will be sold at time of registration and then the raffle will begin when we are all eating at the ramp. Also you might want to bring some chairs just incase we run out of seating as well. I will try to have the cost of the lunch ticket on the next post but I am thinkiing it will be somewhere around $6 a plate. The plan is to have Domesticated yard bird potatoe salad, baked beans, roll and brownie. I would like to get a head count so I can kind fo figure on how much to have prepared. Yours truly will be doing the cooking it looks like. Let me know!!!!

I was also told by JKS that if people would like to camp they are welcome to at his place there is plenty of room!!!

willydiver
02-29-2008, 10:05 AM
Sounds fantastic to me. Fast Duck put me down for 2 plates. Thanks for the hard work you guys are putting in!

Any chance some of you guys from LA could bring along some boudin and crawfish? I'm be happy to pay the "premium" lunch box price.

Todd

Fast Duck Motors
02-29-2008, 12:20 PM
Sounds fantastic to me. Fast Duck put me down for 2 plates. Thanks for the hard work you guys are putting in!

Any chance some of you guys from LA could bring along some boudin and crawfish? I'm be happy to pay the "premium" lunch box price.

Todd

Funny you mention that I was going to ask some of the Geaux custom guys to bring some boudan and crawfish for the carb clinic on Friday I just didn't know when they were going to arrive...

whistlingwings
02-29-2008, 04:12 PM
Seth said they'll be here that Thursday tentatively.

I'm afraid your spreading yourself too thin Sid, theres alot happening that weekend and I aint cookin. Talk to the Osceola guys and get them to return some favors.

whistlingwings
02-29-2008, 04:14 PM
And.... my brother-in-law and I have a room at the Days Inn in Deland. Be happy to split it with anyone that needs a room.

Is that invitation open to guys with many friends of the friendly :Banane20:female persuasion

whistlingwings
02-29-2008, 05:54 PM
In response to Admin Jons apparently deleted thread, no your wrong there buddy. It aint easy bein a pimp

admin-Jon
02-29-2008, 06:16 PM
we all need lovin

whistlingwings
02-29-2008, 06:41 PM
Lets not forget theres lots of swamp and I play the banjo:019:

frikkidikki
02-29-2008, 07:48 PM
Looks like it'll be me and the wife. The kids have a prior engagement so, put us down for 2 at lunch.

weathers1200
02-29-2008, 10:47 PM
Lets not forget theres lots of swamp and I play the banjo:019:

And I have a bow! Winston, you ain't right boy!

weathers1200
02-29-2008, 10:49 PM
Hey,

Just to get it straight, the lunch (yardbird) is on Satuday right?

weathers1200
02-29-2008, 10:55 PM
I want to come to the carb clinic on friday but I got to thinkin' about it and the only two things I own with a carburator are my lawn equipment and my old Miller Bobcat 225 welder! Both trucks, Harley, ATV and Mud Buddy are fuel injected!
:WTF:

willydiver
03-01-2008, 12:33 AM
Is that invitation open to guys with many friends of the friendly :Banane20:female persuasion
Ahem..... You dern right!!! Good wholesome ladies with a dirty streak always welcome. :Banane38:
Note to self: ALWAYS verify no adams apple or banjo!

whistlingwings
03-01-2008, 06:28 AM
Hey,

Yes

You bringing your lil blonde gal? Mine said shes coming, I said hows that your not even breathing hard.

weathers1200
03-01-2008, 09:42 PM
Yes

You bringing your lil blonde gal? Mine said shes coming, I said hows that your not even breathing hard.

They don't even have to breathe hard, At some point I think Jenny will get there! I look forward to this thing man, I have not seen you since our last little get together. It will be fun!

I might have a drop or two of that elixar you told me you like!

whistlingwings
03-02-2008, 04:51 AM
I might have a drop or two of that elixar you told me you like!

Sounds good, but none for me untill I'm off the water.

Fast Duck Motors
03-02-2008, 03:29 PM
I have worked on the food some more and it looks like it is going to be domestic yard bird I have a local restaurant that is going to help us out. Don't worry Winston I didn't figure I was going to get anything out of you at the event. I figured you would be leading the pack on the trip.

Fast Duck Motors
03-02-2008, 03:44 PM
Hey,

Yes the Yardbird is Sat. We might do some southern finger foods on Friday nothing big but it should be good.