We proudly introduce the sport V Series
An advanced shallow water motor design.
For use in backwater mud and weed areas.
(no rock shoe designed for this model)
Sport V 3600 - $7,952
Sport V 4000 - $8,449
Sport V 4400 - $9,347
tall - add $100
Sport V 3600
Sport V 4000
Sport V 4400
Q - High Flow
2014 Product Improvements:
- Thicker castings.
- New stainless handle mount.
- Full stainless steel skeg.
- New balance point - first balance vertical shallow water outboard.
The Sport V changes the look, feel and quality of mud motors forever.
Belt drive mud motors served us well for years. They were simple to design and easy
to build. We have always fought with market perception that belt drive mud motors are
entry level and unreliable. Even though they were good machines, today's sportsman
are demanding a higher level of engineering.
We proudly introduce the most advanced, powerful and durable mud motor
design in the world.
Q: What type castings are used?
A: The entire mount assembly and drive assembly is cast aluminum and stainless steel.
When we first released the Sport V in the summer of 2013 we had some issues with the aluminum
castings so we changed to Investment Castings with hardened heat treating. We also changed the
original design from .109 wall outdrives to .180 wall. Today the Sport V transmission and drive meet
and exceed the Mud Buddy established shallow water industry casting standards. Plus our castings
have the best warranty in the industry - limited five years.
Q: Are gears stronger than belts?
A: Both drives work very well. Our belt drive is rated for 105 horse. Our
Sport V cone clutch gears built by Mercury Marine are rated at over 500 horse.
Q: But a belt flexes, will the gears take impact?
A: First of all our gears are rated for five times more horsepower. We didn't stop
we incorporated a custom flex coupler between the
engine and transmission which effectively cushions impacts and drive harmonics.
Another benefit is a very, very smooth ride. You won't believe you are
driving a mud motor.
Q: Are gear drives more efficient than belt drives?
A: Both belt and gear drives are within .02% as efficient of each other. Gears being
slightly more. Testing shows our Sport V is slightly faster than our belt drives. Only
.7 mph on the average, but a little more.
Q: Is the Sport V drive tough?
A: The new Sport V has a up to 1/2" thick hardened aluminum cast drive with a 1/4"
Q: Does the Sport V drive turn easy?
A: The 27" drive and longer handle are impressively easy to steer.
Q: Will the Sport V drive run deep mud?
A: We tested the Sport V 27"
drive last year and it does
just as well as the 27" Sport belt drive. The frame dimensions are the same.
Q: Will brush cause the handle mounted shift to come out of gear?
A: The shift handle is moved from one gear to the other by squeezing the throttle
shift trigger. This unlocks the lever and allows it to be moved from one gear to
another. This protects the lever from accidental shifting.
Q: What is the Sport V vibration level?
A: The Sport V was vibration tested by Briggs and Stratton
and the engineers agreed it was impressive. The Sport V advanced frame design
has vibration dampers at three locations making it the smoothest
running mud motor ever built.
Q: Is the Sport V drive quiet?
A: You will be impressed. They have marine outboard components.
Q: What about service?
A: We did our homework, and
designed these drives to be service friendly using
the most advanced drive components ever offered in a mud motor.
Q: Is the new Sport Series reliable?
A: The most common mud motors failures are engine, clutch, clutch switch, trim,
drive seals and drive bearings. We eliminated the clutch and clutch switch. We also
eliminated the belt, belt tensioning and drive greasing.
use the industry's most reliable BPS engines, the Mercury 8200 pound
trim unit and the Mud Buddy patented drive seal system. The Sport V
drive bearings are 500% stronger than anything on the market today and
used on 500 horsepower stern drives.
However, even though the Sport V
drives are simple and tough, anything can be broken. We cover our
products with the industry's best warranty, to include our performance
motors and commercial use.
Q: What does the competition think about the new Foreman Sport Series?
A: There is room for everyone in this business. But just like golf - the only competition we really
have is ourselves. Sport V is the only decision our loyal customers have.
Trim control on end of handle.
Stainless BPS throttle
Loaded with 30 features other mud motors wish they had.
- Convenient handle end trim control made by Mercury.
- Plus another Mercury Trim Control on the handle near the engine for ground trim control.
- Cast aluminum handle with all wire and cables hidden inside.
- Oury brand moto-cross rubber grip.
- Stainless custom BPS throttle.
- Key switch on the handle.
- Hammer propeller with tapered self locking hex drive shaft.
- 36mm stainless 17-4 driveshaft.
- All aluminum cast housing components.
- Yamaha outboard style F-N-R shifter with no electric clutch, clutch switch and wires.
- All gear driven transmission with the Mercury built Bravo III 500 horsepower
cone clutch for smooth shifting.
- All gear driven lower unit with Mercury Alpha Drive spiral bevel, low noise gears.
- Mercury built 8300 pound electric hydraulic dependable trim actuator with matching
Mercury wire harness, switches and relays.
- Double articulating swivel assembly.
- Three point mount vibration dampers built in for a smooth ride.
- BPS 44 and 50 built high performance engines.
- BPS Q muffler
- BPS Black Death Mikuni carburetor intake manifold.
- BPS propeller line/reed cutter.
- BPS roller rockers
- Iron Mountain heads with one piece flow tested stainless valves.
- BPS pistons and performance high compression rods.
- Only EPA approved high performance engines.
- K&N airfilters
- Mikuni Harley Davidson 42mm high atomizing carburetor.